Sunday, October 25, 2009

Week 5 Reflection

During this weeks module we reviewed the different levels of learning associated with Bloom’s Taxonomy. As an educator I am familiar with Bloom and studied levels of learning as an undergraduate and learning levels are usually part of our teacher in services. As we saw this week people have different levels of understanding when it comes to Bloom and also different interpretations of how the different levels fit activities. It was a good opportunity to see how other people evaluated activities and also a good review of Bloom’s Taxonomy. Here is a link to my evaluations of the Casey Journalism Course and how the activities fit different levels of learning.

The Casey course had a lot of good activities, but was not clearly organized which made evaluating difficult. Many of the activities we analyzed overlapped levels of learning. One question I posed to this overlap was this “Was the goal of the activities to allow students to choose a thread of an activity that was challenging to them specifically – thus challenging all learners – or were the assessments designed to fit specific levels?”

Finally this week our final project appeared on the horizon. When I finally found the final project description my major concern is that I do not currently teach an online class and I don’t really know what I would want to teach online. Without a end goal in mind completing this project will be difficult. The project itself seems valuable and will help to improve online classes, but until I have a direction I feel stuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment