Thursday, October 29, 2009

Final Project Thoughts

Currently I am not teaching any online classes. I teach Technology Education to middle school students in a program that has both vocational units (woods, metals, problem solving, electricity, and manufacturing) and technological units which consists mainly of students using different technologies to complete projects in the above listed areas.

For my final project I plan to develop an Exploring Technology class for middle school students. I plan to incorporate learning tools that we have been using in this class. Developing the whole course would be a little overwhelming so my plan is to develop some different learning units and list a possible assignment with each.

Where I am at in my planning is to have students collaborate using a wiki to complete an assignment on web site authenticity and prepare a presentation in Google Docs for a final product. I would also like to include Internet safety and fair use as part of this unit.

The next unit I plan to develop is a unit on blogging. I would like to develop a geo-caching assignment for students and have them post information on their experiences using a GPS to locate geocaches.

As part of the Exploring Technology class student will also use Zoomerang or Surveymonkey to collect data and report their individual findings.

Finally I plan to use a type of course tracking software to develop an online class outline that students will be asked to follow. If anyone has suggestions on what might work best for this I would appreciate the recommendation.

I have started developing objectives for this course but they are not in a final format that I feel comfortable posting at this point.

If anyone has suggestions on how to improve this course I will happily take input.

No comments:

Post a Comment